Saturday, April 20, 2013


There’s a limit to your love; A few of my favorite things

Tequila Rose and white Moscatto
The hint of cigarettes on his whiskey breath
The roar of his Harley between my legs
The itch of whiskers upon my face
THESE are a few of my favorite things.

He appeared, with neither of us knowing what our future held.
Never had I known the odds of coincidence could later collide.

I let him into my life, not knowing how much he would eventually provide:
Trust with my vulnerability
Trust with my safety
Trust with unfamiliarity
Trust with a ride

My mind was not prepared to lose such an amazing image.
My heart is nothing but a silhouette of what was once there.
Never have I had so much light overwhelm my life.
I cannot thank him enough for showing me happiness can be received innocently.

Desiree Darnell|DmcD|April21,2013


No comments: